|Li Quan Khooemail@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Research Software Development Engineer - Ocean 5 Technologies Singapore|
2017 - 2021
- Designed and implemented a distributed messaging framework to support pilot-from-shore capabilities for underwater vehicles.
- Developed a controller to distribute energy from a hydraulic powerplant in a tractor-drill combine depending on workload or sensor input.
- Prototyped a Pytorch-based computer vision system for robotic survey of undersea pipelines.
|R&D Scientist - Digital:MR|
Completed a feasibility study on sentiment analysis of images in social media, funded by a research grant from the UK government's technology strategy board. Starting from the Yfcc100m and YLI datasets comprised of 100 million images, labels, and metadata, I investigated both novel and existing methods and developed a commercial product, which has since evolved to be based on convolutional neural nets.
|Research Intern - Microsoft Research Cambridge|
Completed a research internship through the Bright Minds Intern Competition programme in the Machine Learning and Perception research group, working with Principal / Senior Researchers Pushmeet Kohli, Yoram Bachrach, Ulrich Paquet, and Filip Radlinski.
I worked on Project SmartFence - an application for web access control. Users block or allow a few sites they know about, and SmartFence automatically infers the suitability of the rest of the web. We developed several different cluster/kernel-based models and visualization schemes. The final model generates a high dimensional embedding of websites from search sessions (think associated filtering). I delivered a prototype for the OneWeek company-wide hackathon, and a patent was applied for.
|Founding Developer - www.unientry.org|
Internship with UniEntry to develop a pilot site to help sixth form students find the right university. Developed a platform that filters information from the UK's Higher Education Statistics Agency and gives recommendations based on students' registered information and grades.
|JP Morgan Spring Week 2013|
Competition to implement a performant implied volatility calculator. Team awarded second-best for code review and performance, and best for presentation.
|Stanford University (Center for Professional Development) - Graduate Certificate in AI|
2017 - present
- AA274A Principles of Robot Autonomy I (Fall 2020) GPA 4.0
- CS234 Reinforcement Learning (Winter 2019) GPA 4.0
- CS231n Convolutional Neural Networks for Visual Recognition (Spring 2017) GPA 3.7 - Project: Bounding out-of-sample objects
|University College London - MEng Computer Science, First Class|
2011 - 2015
- Final year research project - Predicting Personality from Twitter
- Information Retrieval and Data Mining Prize (research and poster session)
- Best Undergraduate Research Group Project of the Year - Task Identification Using Search Engine Query Logs
- Developed an Android app for the Restless Beings charity to conduct field studies on children in poorly-developed countries
|Imperial College London - School of Medicine - MBBS Medicine|
2009 - 2011
- Withdrew in second year to transition to computer science.
|Concord College, Shrewsbury - GCE A levels (Pre-A*) - AAAAab|
2008 - 2009
- Outstanding Student of the Year 2008 - Double award (Chemistry, Music) | Most imaginative hovercraft design
|Spoken languages and personal interests|