|Li Quan Khoofirstname.lastname@example.org
|Stanford Center for Professional Development - Graduate Certificate in AI|
2017 - present
- CS231n Convolutional Neural Networks for Visual Recognition - Capstone: Bounding out-of-sample objects
|University College London - MEng Computer Science, First Class Honours|
2011 - 2015
- Final year research project - Predicting Personality from Twitter
- Information Retrieval and Data Mining Prize
- Best Undergraduate Research Group Project of the Year - Task Identification using Search Engine Query Logs
- Developed a platform-agnostic home automation system capable of remote surveillance, command and control
- Developed an Android app for the Restless Beings charity to conduct field studies on children in poorly-developed countries
|Imperial College London - MBBS Medicine|
2009 - 2011
- Withdrew in second year to transition to computer science
|Concord College, Shrewsbury - GCE A levels (Pre-A*) - AAAAab|
2008 - 2009
- Outstanding Student of the Year 2008 - Double award (Chemistry, Music) | Most imaginative hovercraft design
|Research Software Development Engineer - Ocean 5 Technologies|
March 2017 - present
Development of a command, control and analytics platform for fleets of GPS-and-sensor-equipped agricultural vehicles deployed in remote locations. Part of a government initiative to improve accountability and yield through technology and data.
|R&D Scientist - Digital:MR|
May 2015 - August 2015
4-month feasibility study on sentiment analysis of images in social media, funded by a research grant from the UK government's technology strategy board. Using the Yfcc100m and YLI datasets comprised of 100 million images, labels, and metadata, I investigated both existing and novel methods to develop a commercially-viable product.
|Research Intern - Microsoft Research Cambridge|
May 2014 - August 2014
8-week research internship through the Bright Minds Intern Competition programme in the Machine Learning and Perception research group, working with Principal / Senior Researchers Pushmeet Kohli, Yoram Bachrach, Ulrich Paquet, and Filip Radlinski.
I worked on Project SmartFence - an application for web access control. Users block or allow the few sites they know and SmartFence infers the suitability for the rest of the web. We developed several different cluster/kernel-based models and visualization schemes, and I delivered a prototype for the OneWeek company-wide hackathon. A patent was applied for.
|Founding Developer - www.unientry.org|
June 2013 - 2014
3-month internship with UniEntry to develop a pilot site to help sixth form students find the right university. The platform filters information from the UK's Higher Education Statistics Agency and gives recommendations based on students' registered information and grades.
|Study trip - Hokkaido Japanese Language School|
August 2014 - September 2014
Study trip with home stay in Sapporo to supplement my self study.
|SynthJS - Music Made Quick|
Experimental music sequencer that runs entirely on the browser.
|Spoken languages and personal interests|