|Li Quan Khoofirstname.lastname@example.org • email@example.com|
|Stanford Center for Professional Development - Graduate Certificate in AI|
2017 - present
- CS231n Convolutional Neural Networks for Visual Recognition (Spring 2017) - Capstone: Bounding out-of-sample objects
- CS234 Reinforcement Learning (Winter 2019) - ongoing
|University College London - MEng Computer Science, First Class Honours|
2011 - 2015
- Final year research project - Predicting Personality from Twitter
- Information Retrieval and Data Mining Prize (research and poster session)
- Best Undergraduate Research Group Project of the Year - Task Identification Using Search Engine Query Logs
- Developed a platform-agnostic home automation system for remote surveillance, command and control
- Developed an Android app for the Restless Beings charity to conduct field studies on children in poorly-developed countries
|Imperial College London - School of Medicine - MBBS Medicine|
2009 - 2011
- Studied principles of anatomy, physiology, etc. Withdrew in second year to transition to computer science
|Concord College, Shrewsbury - GCE A levels (Pre-A*) - AAAAab|
2008 - 2009
- Outstanding Student of the Year 2008 - Double award (Chemistry, Music) | Most imaginative hovercraft design
|Research Software Development Engineer - Ocean 5 Technologies|
March 2017 - present
Development of a command, control and analytics platform for fleets of GPS-and-sensor-equipped agricultural vehicles to be deployed in remote locations with unreliable internet access. Part of a government initiative to improve accountability and yield through technology and data. I work closely with electrical and mechanical engineers, and I am responsible for developing communication protocols and end-to-end systems development, hence my work spans from writing embedded C for microprocessors all the way to the Python backend and web UI.
|R&D Scientist - Digital:MR|
May 2015 - August 2015
Feasibility study on sentiment analysis of images in social media, funded by a research grant from the UK government's technology strategy board. Starting from the Yfcc100m and YLI datasets comprised of 100 million images, labels, and metadata, I investigated both novel and existing methods and developed a commercial product, that has since evolved to be based on convolutional neural nets.
|Research Intern - Microsoft Research Cambridge|
May 2014 - August 2014
Research internship through the Bright Minds Intern Competition programme in the Machine Learning and Perception research group, working with Principal / Senior Researchers Pushmeet Kohli, Yoram Bachrach, Ulrich Paquet, and Filip Radlinski.
I worked on Project SmartFence - an application for web access control. Users block or allow the few sites they know about and SmartFence infers the suitability for the rest of the web. We developed several different cluster/kernel-based models and visualization schemes. The final model generates a high dimensional embedding of websites from search sessions (think associated filtering) and I delivered a prototype for the OneWeek company-wide hackathon. A patent was applied for.
|Founding Developer - www.unientry.org|
June 2013 - 2014
Internship with UniEntry to develop a pilot site to help sixth form students find the right university. Developed a platform that filters information from the UK's Higher Education Statistics Agency and gives recommendations based on students' registered information and grades.
I am most interested in data-driven decision-making, especially when they directly improve quality of life, e.g. imaging and natural language systems, assistive technologies, robotics, or medical applications. I value simplicity, humility, and the ability to adapt and learn.
|Spoken languages and personal interests|